To identify, plan, measure, and track benefits from the start of the program or project investment until the realization of the last projected benefit.
The business case of benefits realisation plan should include:
- assess or estimate the benefits that the programme or project should deliver.
- document the process for identifying, monitoring and realising the benefits.
- ensure plans and processes are in place to achieve the benefits.
- define the baseline benefits position to allow comparison with projected benefits.
- define the boundaries with other programmes and projects to ensure benefits are not double counted.