To apply knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet project requirements and achieve its objectives.
The essential components of project management:
- defining the reason why a project is necessary.
- capturing project requirements, specifying quality of the deliverables.
- estimating resources and timescales.
- preparing a business case to justify the investment.
- securing corporate agreement and funding.
- developing and implementing a management plan for the project.
- leading and motivating the project delivery team.
- managing the risks, issues and changes on the project.
- monitoring progress against plan.
- managing the project budget.
- maintaining communications with stakeholders and the project organisation.
- provider management.
- closing the project in a controlled fashion when appropriate.